Topic

where to find small plastic jars?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Curtis B. BPL Member
PostedAug 7, 2011 at 7:59 pm

In his video on dinky stuff, Mike Clelland shows some small round containers with lids he uses to store heavy paste like naturapel. Where can I find these?

I see that Amazon sells polycarbonate jars, but they are fairly expensive. I know I've seen the clear plastic hdpe containers much like the dropper bottles with the lid that attaches.

Any suggestions?

Bob Gross BPL Member
PostedAug 7, 2011 at 8:09 pm

I don't know if you have these stores called Daiso. It is a Japanese "dollar store" but everything costs $1.50. They have a zillion little plastic cosmetic containers. Hard plastic, soft plastic, 7 ml atomizers, 10 ml roll-on bottles, small metal bottles, etc. It is difficult to find many smaller than 5 ml, but there are some.

If you don't have that store brand, think along those lines.

–B.G.–

PostedAug 7, 2011 at 8:58 pm

My local independent pharmacy carries a whole bunch of different jars that they sell for 75 cents to$1.50 depending on where they bought it from. US Plastics is another source but not nearly as convenient as the pharmacy.

PostedAug 7, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Look at the Sport Chalet web site, I know they are only out west but in the stores they have a lot of these. They might on the web site as well. What about REI?

PostedAug 8, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I've ordered stuff (not jars) from US Plastics. They are great people to deal with.
Thumbs UP!

Bob Gross BPL Member
PostedAug 8, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Dale, I just purchased that very item at my local REI today. Of course, I had to float a bank loan to get it.

–B.G.–

PostedAug 8, 2011 at 7:30 pm

The Container Store is a great place to start. They have several sizes of those itty bitty dropper bottles that people around here rave about. They are sold individually for maybe a $1 or so/each. They also have a good selection of ziplock bags in dimensions you do not find at the supermarket.

Dale Wambaugh BPL Member
PostedAug 8, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Bob G confessed, "Dale, I just purchased that very item at my local REI today. Of course, I had to float a bank loan to get it."

I live 5 miles from the Seattle Flagship store. Getting in an out and only buying what you came for is a study in pure will. I actually went the other day, got my NW Forest Pass/trialhead parking permit and found *nothing* in the Gear Garage to buy.

There is an REI store next to a Guitar Center store. I've been wanting to take a photo and Photoshop a divorce lawyer's storefront into the blank wall between the two stores :)

DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER….

Curtis B. BPL Member
PostedAug 8, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Your recommendations were perfect, ESP. The USPlastics.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Loading...