Topic

climashield apex quilts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals climashield apex quilts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

Hey guys so my quilt project is finally coming together prototypes are done and the final draft made yay.These quilts will currently be made with climashield apex 2.5ounce or 5ounce and m90 in color of your choice.I am also making a prototype with a 5mm silk inner that i may make a option and custom work is possible since these are made upon order to your spec.I also have a protoype in the makes with a outer shell of tyvec 1443 if it works well i will also make that a option but currently the material is m90.Specs are as follows shoulder girth 48in footbox girth 34 footbox length 22in quilt length 72in.I would say these quilts will fit someone up to 5.10 i am 5.8 and 130lbs and it is huge for me you see my brother in a pic who is 5.9 and 180 and he had room with the quilt tucked under and the edges connecting like a bag.I will make a large version thats longer and wider and can do custom sizing just let me know. The 2.5 version weighs 13.5 i haven't been able to make the 5 version yet but i assume it will be 19-20 ounces the silk will drop about 2 ounces per side quilt if i offer it it will only be on a custom order paid up front basis.Final thing price the 2.5 is 140$ shipped to the lower 48 the 5 is 150$

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

quiltquiltquiltquilt

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

So I was comparing this to my katabatic palasade and turns out it's 2 inches wider and just as long so anyone under 6ft will fit and a decent size build

seth mcalister
    BPL Member

@sethmcalister

Locale: New England

William,

What are you estimating the temp rating to be?

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Heres a link to mld's spirit these will be slightly warmer as the use 2.5 or 5 not 2.2 or 4.4
    http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=133

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools