Topic

2012 Granite Gear Crown 60

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 2012 Granite Gear Crown 60

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    David Ure

@familyguy

The real VT replacement. Granite Gear Crown 60. Has a front pocket, 60L and the new vapor current suspention. 2lbs, 2oz.

YouTube video

Jamie Shortt
    BPL Member

@jshortt

Locale: North Carolina

David, This is exciting. It has me wondering if we will see a replacement for the Virga. I have been praying that Granite Gear will not the Virga out to pasture like so many of Golite's items. In a rare trend if I have my specs right the Crown 60 is actually lighter than the VT with a lot of upgrades. The back pocket is a fine addition.

Thanks for sharing.

Jamie

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

tommy d

@vinovampire

Yes, if the specs are accurate, this could be a worthy successor to the Vapor Trail. I use the Virga for the majority of my 3-season trips, but this could be good for some situations.

David Ure

@familyguy

My pleasure. Work was a bit boring today so surfing was on the menu (shhhhh….)

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Thanks for calling this to our attention, David. On it's last trip, my nine-year-old Vapor Trail got a couple of nasty new tears in it. The Crown 60 may well be it's replacement.

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Locale: Midwest

Nice pack, I like that GG has also placed daisy chain style webbing on their hip-belts. Makes attaching their hip-belt pockets even easier. Some of the MOLLE pouches may fit as well?

David Ure

@familyguy

Mike they will! The belt is a lightweight version of what they put on their military spec packs.

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

trailspace.com has some more on it as well as cuben terra nova packs in 30, 45, 50 liters

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

They'll hit gold if they release a Crown 30 or 40.

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Locale: Boulder, CO

what eugene said.

i might even write gg to suggest it. anyone else want to put a little UL pressure on them? with my current setup I cant really imagine needing any more volume than about 30L outside of winter. However even with super light loads a firm frame that conforms to the back carries better IMO. A 30 L GG crown at about 1.5 lbs would be hard to beat.

David Ure

@familyguy

If you make a pack with the same features that is 30L, you would only be saving about 3 oz. The 100d Cordura is not that heavy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools