Topic

DSLR Harness for 11 bucks! On Amazon

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals DSLR Harness for 11 bucks! On Amazon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

For those looking to build a DSLR top loading harness, I just found this on crazy clearance (80% off). Ordered yesterday off amazon, came today! 4 left as of this posting

Ton's of connection points/D-rings on the backside so you can easily rig a harness that connects to your backpack straps/belt

http://www.amazon.com/Tamrac-Sub-Compat-Zoom-Pack-Teal/dp/B00200K31Y/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1312558824&sr=8-5

I realize that Amazon does not list a picture, but I have it in hand, and it's exactly the same as shown on Tamrac's website:
    http://www.tamrac.com/514.htm

514front
    514(2)

It fit our Canon Rebel with std 18-55 kit lens

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

Awesome. Weight?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Shoot, I'm at a wedding this weekend, so it's not in front of me. I recall it being either 6 or 6.5oz with the main neck strap removed. It is padded on all sides with foam, and has metal hardware which should explain a portion of the weight

Also, it looks like there's only 1 left and amazon jacked the price up to 40 some dollars. Either it was a pricing error or the sale is over. Either way 3 other people got a sweet deal.

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

I bet you could get that down to around 5 ounces too.

I took a LowePro Toploader Zoom 45 AW and removed the straps and rain fly, cut off the top handle, sewed that webbing into small loops in case I wanted to attach something, and cut off the front pocket to get it down to 5 ounces even. It is basically the same model as your case, and was about the same weight without the straps. I clipped two mini carabiners to the D-rings to hang it from my shoulder straps bringing it up to 5.3. I may replace the zipper pulls to see if I can get it back down to 5 even.

IMHO, 5.3 ounces for a fully protected DSLR case is worth it.

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

I was looking at the Tamrac website, and I think I like your case even better than mine. The sizing is a little more fitted for a compact DSLR. One of my biggest problems with chest packs is that they can obscure my feet.

Excellent choice of bag!

Chris Brubaker
    Spectator

@crisb

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, now back up to $42

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools