Topic

Yosemite White Wolf to Happy Isles in early sept – will the hiker bus be running? or Hitch hiking, or lift?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Yosemite White Wolf to Happy Isles in early sept – will the hiker bus be running? or Hitch hiking, or lift?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Theodore Cardos

@tedcardos

Locale: South

So I hit a small snag in my trip – my wife and I were going to arrive via amtrak on Wednesday the 7th of September and take the bus to white wolf, starting our hike the next day. However, the YARTS bus is only running on the weekends after labor day and the best information we can get is that the hikers' bus MAY be running.

Does anyone have any better information about how long the hikers' bus will be running?
    Or will anyone be heading from the valley up the Tioga road anytime on the 7th or 8th who is willing the give my wife and I a lift? Or does anyone have any recollection about how easy it is to hitchhike to white wolf.

I really don't want to have to rent a car just to leave it at white wolf for six days – not to mention the hassle of getting back to the car.

Thanks,
    Ted Cardos

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools