Topic

Olli Salumeria hard salami

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Olli Salumeria hard salami

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

My local grocer started carrying Olli salami. OMG. This is one truly tasty salami. Made in Virginia. No growth hormones, vegetarian feed, etc.

I just had a few slices of the pepper and garlic with some organic smoked cheddar. Goes very, very nicely with a small glass of Redbreast 12-year. Yummmmm.

Highly recommended for those looking for a really tasty hard salami.

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

Thanks for the rec! I'll throw out La Quercia as a very good artisanal charcuterie that's local-ish to me.

http://laquercia.us/

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

Doug…what grocer? I live not far from where they make the salami. Would Fresh Market sell it?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Hi Donna,

Not sure about Fresh Market, I've never been there. I'm sure Whole Foods would have it. I shop at a small, local chain called My Organic Market (MOM's). They only have stores in the N.Va./Md. area. I shop in the Bowie store (not all stores carry all of the same items). I'd be happy to pick you up one and mail it down if you can't find it where you are, just PM me your address.

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

I'll scout around here and let you know, and thanks! We do have a Whole Paycheck..er Foods here. : )

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

Just found this in my local Foods for Living while searching for cold weather treats for winter backpacking. What an amazing artisanal salami! This is one that will definitely be accompanying me on my next trip. Guess I shouldn't be surprised there is already a thread about it on BPL (I found the thread by accident while searching for nutritional info)

daniel B
    Spectator

@dbogey

Locale: East Coast

Williams-Sonoma sells it through their website. I'm lucky enough to have a friend who works there and get 40% off all merchandise. This is a definite buy, thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools