Topic

Have no words…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

I woke up this morning and groggily opened my computer to check the usual email, Google+, Facebook, and BPL, in that order. It was the email that caught my attention and woke me up, though. Apparently, while I slept, I had moulted from an "M" member into an "MLife" member. It's now two hours later and I'm on a crowded train heading to work, and I'm still speechless. All I can say, with the greatest humbleness and wonder, is "Thank you." that was truly unexpected. And generous.

I hope I can give back in a way that befits the gift. Last night, before I went to bed, I had been thinking, after reading the membership and forum thread again, how it is that I could contribute to the flourishing and richness of BPL as a community. Then this. So strange how things work, purling from to another.

Again, thank you.

Miguel/ Cloudsbelow

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

"I hope I can give back in a way that befits the gift."

I believe you already have given back plenty Miguel, years of insight, experience, and of course…. stirring the conversation pot like no one else can, always a great contributor. Thanks.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I just read your post and thought how cool, then went back to look at the "Hobbies" thread and saw that Mlife next to my avatar!?!?
    I also just read my mail from Addie.0
    Thanks, really thanks, I am touched.
    Katharina

Anonymous
    Inactive

The mountain gods move in mysterious ways when bestowing their blessings on the deserving. :)

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

That's a great story.

On another track I have sometimes wondered in the past if BPL could become a Co-op of some sort.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Great to hear, both of you, and I look forward to seeing you both around for a long time to come.

Rod

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools