Topic

Yosemite – 4 Days Solo – Happy Isles to Cathedral Lakes to Vogelsang to Merced Lake

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Yosemite – 4 Days Solo – Happy Isles to Cathedral Lakes to Vogelsang to Merced Lake

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Andy Duncan
    BPL Member

@bluewater

Locale: SoCal

I recently did a 4 day solo 60 mile loop hike in Yosemite. Many thanks to everybody who has posted their experience on BPL. The information here made it all possible.

Yosemite 2011 – 4 Day Solo Ultralight Trip

Trevor Wilson
    BPL Member

@trevor83

Locale: ATL -- Zurich -- SF Bay Area

Great trip report. It looks like you had a great hike. Good luck on the JMT in August!

Erik Dietz
    BPL Member

@erikdtz

I liked your trip report. When are you starting the JMT?

Andy Duncan
    BPL Member

@bluewater

Thanx for the kind words Trevor and Erik! Much appreciated. I'm going from TM to Reds on August 29th – Sept. 1st with a small group then finishing from Reds to Whitney starting Sept. 12th.

Erik, are you still driving to Whitney August 4th? We are heading up to the western Sierra on August 3rd. FYI, I met two groups who were finishing the JMT nobo and they said all of the passes and creeks are easily passable. One guy had micro spikes but said he never used them.

Erik Dietz
    BPL Member

@erikdtz

Andrew,

That's the kind of news that I like to hear! I'm still driving up to Mt. Whitney on the fourth, leaving out of Cottonwood. I'll make sure to post some sort of a trip report (even though I've never written one before) once I get back so you'll have some info.

Thanks again!

Andy Duncan
    BPL Member

@bluewater

Have a great trip Erik, looking forward to seeing some pxts when you get back. The JMT awaits!

Andy.

First Last
    BPL Member

@snusmumriken

Locale: SF Bay Area

Thanks for taking the time to do the trip report. Fabulous pictures too.

I'm heading up towards Vogelsang, Bernice, the lakes above and further beyond next week. Trying to anticipate conditions and snow levels so looked at your pictures with great interest. Can you tell us the dates of your trip?

Andy Duncan
    BPL Member

@bluewater

Thanx Kristin! I was there from 7/20 – 7/24. Gallison, Bernice and Merced were all at very high levels with the creeks and waterfalls going strong. The high country above Bernice and Gallison looked beautiful. Have a great trip.

First Last
    BPL Member

@snusmumriken

Locale: SF Bay Area

That gives me two weeks of additional melt until I get there this coming weekend. Should be beautiful!

Josh Earl

@joshearl

Locale: Northern California

Looks like you had a great time on your adventure. I think I'm going to need to follow some of your advice, as well as the forum's, and get my BMI down. Awesome write up!

Andy Duncan
    BPL Member

@bluewater

Thanx Josh! I think we may have just missed each other around Tuolumne Meadows. It looks like you guys had a blast. That snow covered trail on the way to Ireland Lake looked beautiful. Can't wait to get back out there in August.

Pilate de Guerre

@deguerre

Locale: SE, USA

Andrew,

I really enjoyed your trip report. Thank you for sharing! Hope to read more from you :)

Andy Duncan
    BPL Member

@bluewater

Thanks Pilate! We will be doing the next section at the end of August, can't wait to get back out there. ~ Andy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools