Topic

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Evan McCarthy
    BPL Member

@evanrussia-2

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

It's been almost a month since I last hit the trails for the weekend and I'm getting stir crazy. I should have my pack and poles in the corner of my office, totally out of sync in my sterile federal workplace. And I should be getting ready to put the kilt, wool, and trail runners on this afternoon as I slip out of the State Department with the rest of the stodgy suits, me to the trail head, the others to the bar for Friday happy hour. But no, not this weekend.

Anyone have any good trips or trails lined up?

Michael Levine
    Spectator

@trout

Locale: Long Beach

Tonight I leave for Yosemite, and with any luck tomorrow I'll nab a permit. Then it's off to my first thru-hike ever: The JMT. I'm so excited I could burst!

The past is prologue

Yay Fridays!

Evan McCarthy
    BPL Member

@evanrussia-2

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Are you going to blog/journal/post your thru hike?

Michael Levine
    Spectator

@trout

Locale: Long Beach

I'll keep a trail Journal, but as I'm bringing no camera (iPod nano which takes video, not sure on pictures) it'd be short. I'd be happy to do a little write up though once I get some rest/finish coming back from a wedding in chicago. I will not however be trail blogging.

Enjoy your getaway Evan!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Not a trip, but I'm spending the weekend on my bike on some sweet country back roads – preparing for my bike trip in Germany in a couple of weeks. Had today off and did a nice 45-miler while my car's oil was being changed. Going out again tomorrow morning and Sunday morning, early before the heat gets too bad, for about the same mileage each day. Not a bad way to spend the morning.

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Michael,

Will be a day behind you….going on Sunday and looking for a permit for three…we have a permit for two of us for Weds.

Good luck, be safe, and maybe we might see each other on the trail!

-Tony

Ed Collyer

@ecollyer

Locale: East Bay Area

Can't wait, headed to Carson-Iceberg wilderness for a few days with my St. Bernard. Just a short trip. Hopefully there is some snow at elevation on the North slopes. First trip of the year…this year has been crazy (ski patrol, wedding, new job working 60 hrs/wk). Just got my pack weight down to under 10 lbs with the Gossamer Gear Gorilla.

Anyways, have fun and be safe.

Chris Morgan
    BPL Member

@chrismorgan

Locale: Southern Oregon

That trail is gonna be gosh darn crowded.

Starting around Reds or Duck Pass on the 5th – I should be able to get a walk up for one of those, right?

I hear all the remaining snow is supposed to melt in the next 5 days ;)

Maybe I'll see y'all, depending on how fast everyone is going.

Christopher Yi
    Spectator

@traumahead

Locale: Cen Cal

Not a backpacking trip per se, but in 2 weeks gonna join the PCTA by Ebbetts Pass in Mokelumne Wilderness for some trail maintenance for a week. Also just ordered a Moment and gonna pick it up at Tarptent since it was only a 3 hour detour. Gonna loop around and drive by Lake Tahoe as I've never been there and it'll also be the furthest north I've been in California. It's gonna be a long day, 9 hours from Bakersfield. Anyone recommend the 5 over 99 or vice versa?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools