Topic

West Coat Trail Mystery

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mary D. Noll

@sairaf

In 2000 I did the West Coast Trail with Back of Beyond and had a the most adventurous experience of my life. Someone, somewhere mentioned that once you go and trek the WCT, you'll never forget it, but it will call you back, for there is nothing quite like it! Again, I will be there this summer and am intrigued about a couple of places we stayed. I have looked and looked for the information and these are not described in any of the guides I have read, or on website searches. That is why I am posting here to see if any of you would know about these places.

We traveled from Port Renfrew to Bamfield and one night (maybe the 2nd night) we stayed above sea level on a cliff that overlooked the ocean where we could see seals everywhere,it was the best display ever! There was also a stream and a wonderful whirlpool were we actually sat in and enjoyed the sun. I would love to find this place.

After this, and perhaps it was the 3rd night, we had had torrential rain and rather than staying on the beach, our guides took us to a place up in the forest that was abandoned and looked like it had been set up for a hamburger place. There was a kitchen that had three walls and the front was open; it had a stove, a counter and maybe, a refrigerator. On the side there was an A Frame house, with curtains and it was locked; there was also a sweat lodge sauna set up with tarp walls that we actually used because we were chilled! It was rather smokey but we didn't care! Here, too, was an outhouse! Nobody else came around, and there was no one there when we arrived.

Does anyone know of these places? I would love to hear from you if you do!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools