Topic

Trekking in European Mountains

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Trekking in European Mountains

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Adam McIntyre

@adammcintyre

Hi folks,

just wondering what your opinions and tips are over trekking through European mountain ranges?

I'm a big fan of Nicholas Crane and would love to somewhat follow in his footsteps, as ridiculous as that sounds (it's my dream)

I regularly spend long weekends in British peaks, trekking, relaxing, camping etc.

What would your most important tips be for long term trekking & trekking Europe?

I am interested to know what the dangers of animals may be, i.e bears?

Chris Townsend
    BPL Member

@christownsend

Locale: Cairngorms National Park

No animal dangers. Compared with Britain heat and altitude are likely to be the biggest challenges in the Alps and Pyrenees. Trails are usually well-made and well-signposted and there are plenty of refuges if you don't camp. Stove fuel has different names in different countries and standard Lindahl valve canisters are rare. If using a canister stove one that takes Campingaz CV canisters is the best choice – like the MSR Superfly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools