Topic

Merino LS Top/Bottom

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Merino LS Top/Bottom

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ultralite Hiker
    Spectator

@ultralite

Does anyone know the lightest merino long sleeve top and bottoms? Looking for a new sleep setup for my upcoming trip.

Tommy Franzen
    Spectator

@tomlike

Locale: Pacific Wonderland

I just picked up an Ibex Indie Hoodie, weighs 9.75oz. in men's size large. Slightly heavier than a regular LS due to the hood and half zip, but the hood is amazing for sleeping in. Patagonia Cap2 bottoms in men's size large weighs 7oz. Perhaps others can chime in with something lighter, but consider the hoodie, it's so nice!

Michael Trefzger
    BPL Member

@michaeltrefzger

Locale: So Cal

Rob,
    Good question. About a year ago I was thinking the same thing. Here's what I ended up picking up:

http://www.io-bio.com/product/mens-contact-ls-zip

http://www.icebreaker.com/site/icebreaker_man_bodyfit150_leggings.html

The IO Bio Contact 1 LS Hooded Shirt weighs in at 7.2oz in small. I have the model from last year and I am not sure if the weight has changed with their latest manufacturing run. The Icebreaker 150 leggings weigh in at 5oz for size small. Both of these are great and would recommend them to others.

Laural Bourque

@lauralbaby

Locale: PNW

My boyfriend has the LS wool Contact top and it's 7.8oz in Large.

Ultralite Hiker
    Spectator

@ultralite

Ended up going with the Montbell LW series (130g/m2). They were 4.8oz each.

Simone Zmood
    BPL Member

@sim1oz

Locale: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks for the tips. I like the look of the MontBell LW LS top for my husband. For myself, I think I want a hoody. I've never seen the IO-Bio in person before. Are they a close cut or loose fitting?

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

The I/O fits close. I'm 6'1", 180 and wear a snug Large. Plenty long, though.

LOVE that shirt.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Icebreaker L/S Tech Lite

I love these. My short sleeve one in men's large weighs 5.4 oz. It's super comfy and cool.

http://www.icebreaker.com/site/icebreaker_man_superfine150_ls_tech_t_lite.html

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

I agree with Todd's description of the I/O hoody (I have last year's version). Close fitting with extra drape if you need or want it. It's not skin-tight, but it's closer than an "athletic" cut.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools