Topic

Sony TX55 Steady movies

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Sony TX55 Steady movies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

From the Aussie press release for the Sony WX30 :

The Cyber-shot™ WX30 has been enhanced with additional electronic image stabilisation for vertical and horizontal handshake correction, the SteadyShot Active Mode compensates for handheld camera movements during Full HD video shooting. You’ll enjoy crisper, blur-free movie clips at all zoom settings, even if you’re holding the camera while walking

Sorry ignore the TX55 bit.
    (I assumed that DPReview was announcing the same camera, then I noticed the picture…)
    This is the WX30 :
    Sony WX30

26/07/11
    DPReview has now some info on the WX30 but not much at all.
    Oddly in Australia we received the full info on this but not on the TX55.
    These two share many functions and components but do have a different lens
    Having seen comments about using the GoPro Hero whilst walking (problems caused by camera shake) I thought that the VX30 may be of interest to the ones that are thinking along those lines.
    Note :
    " Movie mode only. The hand shake correction while walking works most effectively without zooming."
    Of interest also the 25-125 mm (equivalent) zoom that is boosted to 250mm using some interpolation
    "Also introduced is the brand-new ‘Clear Image Zoom’ that boosts magnification without lowering pixel count in the final image. Exclusive to Sony
    It can also take full resolution stills during movie recording.
    On the downside, it isn't weather or shock proof.
    Franco

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools