Topic

Patagonia Ultralight Down Shirt – anyone try it yet?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Patagonia Ultralight Down Shirt – anyone try it yet?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gabe Joyes

@gabe_joyes

Locale: Lander, WY

Howdy Folks,
    There are lots of sales right now on the Patagonia Ultralight Down Shirt, but I'm sort of hesitant to get one. Has anyone tried it out yet? Anyone have any first hand experience (no speculation please) of how warm it is?

Thanks!

Keith Craigs

@keithcraigs

I did buy one during one of REI's 20% off sale. As you would imagine, the down shirt falls between a lightweight jacket/thermal shirt and a down sweater. It is not as warm as I thought it would be and obviously not waterproof. If you already have a lightweight down sweater, it's probably unnecessary; but possibly more versatile if you're planning on bringing a long sleeve shirt and windshirt – all three together would equal a down sweater.

I think the design of the stitching lets out a lot of heat, but since there is only a thin layer of down, I don't know how else they'd be able to keep it evenly distributed.

Sizing is typical patagonia – I bought a medium and wear a large houdini on top when necessary. 6' 180lbs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools