Topic

MYOG Quilt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG Quilt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Barber

@curiouslayman

Locale: Western NC Mountains

I just finished two summer quilts (one for my wife, one for me). Nothing special, but they came out pretty good overall. I've posted some photos at the address below. Thanks to Tim and John for their help with the drawcord question. I used omnitape attached to grosgrain to secure it around the neck and also omnitape on opposite sides of the footbox so that it closes like a tube – meaning one strip on the inside of the quilt and one on the outside.

http://curiouslayman.com/gear/summer-quilts

-Mike

Clint Wayman
    Spectator

@cwayman1

Locale: East Tennessee, US

Hey Mike,

Great looking quilt! Very simple and very effective.

Jared Dilg
    BPL Member

@village

Locale: Texas

Looks great Mike! Did you use the Omni tape from Quest? It looks like the softer stuff. I like that you went with a center opening for the cinch cord at the head.

Michael Barber

@curiouslayman

Locale: Western NC Mountains

Jared,
    I did use the "like Omni-Tape" product from Quest. It is quite soft and holds well. I had debated about the center drawcord, but it was the right choice. And frankly it was easier too. I attached the channels before sewing the quilt layers together, which means that the top and sides of the channel disappear into quilt seams. John described this to me and it worked well. The shame is that after making those two I'm getting the hang of it and want to make a couple more!

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Interesting.

I just made almost the exact same quilt.
    Looks a lot the same, except I did anchored line locks and used taffeta M90.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools