Topic

SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Tim & Shell

@mccargoe

Hey Guys,

Lately I've been tasting a variety of backpacking foods to try to find some of the best food to eat while on the trail. I bumped into this place while doing a search, and thought some of the stuff looked really good, but I was hesistant on trying it due to the price. Turns out I wrote the company a letter telling them about how we as backpackers search for food that tickles our tastes buds, but how we are leary about shelling out the cash to try new things since they are often times expensive and are more often times carboard-like it taste. I asked the Vice President if I could get any discounts on their items and she wrote me back stating that she would gladly provide me with a 50% off code that she would generate in the next coming days. A couple of days went by, and she contacted me with the code. She was also even so kind as to tell me that I could share the code with any backpacking communities or forums I am part of. Therefore, I am offering everypme the opporunity to try some new things at a discounted price. You can visit the company's website at http://www.seabear.com The promotional code that was given to me was HIKE. It will knock $10 off when you spend $20 or more. Not a bad deal considering that they have some nice smoked samlon products and salmon jerky. Yum! I just put in my order today so good luck with finding some things on the site that grab your interest. I hope everyonce enjoys.

P.S. The Ready-to-Eat Pouch section would probably be a good place to start or if you want to jump straight to the jerky section here is a link: http://www.seabear.com/catalog/Product/Salmon%20appetizers/33/Smoked+Salmon+Jerky.aspx

Kendall Clement
    BPL Member

@socalpacker

Locale: Cebu, Philippines

Thanks guys! I'll check it out.

Will Webster

@willweb

Thanks for posting that, Tim. I enjoy salmon but only buy wild salmon from Alaska, since it's the most sustainable fishery according to Seafood Watch (http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/SeafoodWatch/web/sfw_factsheet.aspx?gid=17). I can find Chicken of the Sea smoked Alaskan smoked salmon locally, but the non-smoked and ready-to-eat meals at SeaBear look great. I noticed that if you scroll down on the "Nutrition" tab when looking at the meals you can see the ingredients; looks like the same stuff I would add at home.

Leigh Baker
    BPL Member

@leighb

Locale: Northeast Texas Pineywoods

I agree with Will's first statement, and thanks so much for the info, I'll check it out too.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I buy SeaBear products from my local organic grocer. Good stuff. I like the jerky, though it's a bit tough. They make a great white bean and salmon chowder – I usually have a couple pouches of that in the house for those nights when I just want a quick, tasty hot chowder, followed by some nice hot cocoa (made with coconut milk). Mmmmmmm.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Seabear is a Washington institution. If you are ever on Fidalgo Island getting ready to go out to the San Juan Islands you should into their store in town.

I might add that REI does carry some of their stuff locally……

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I love smoked fish (esp. W/ beer). And the chowder is another great fav of mine.

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Awesome, I tote their packaged fish all the time and construct many meals around it. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Rick

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

The flavored salmon meals in a pouch sound great with some rice, noodles or couscous. Thank you kindly for sharing.

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Locale: Vancouver, BC

Excellent. Thanks for the link. Funny, I just drove through Anacortes (where SeaBear is located) a week ago for the first time (ferry to San Juans). Turns out it's an hour or so away from my house.

I'll have to take their smokehouse tour. Thanks for the info, seems like hi quality stuff.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

I lived on Whidbey for around 13 or so years…..Fidalgo was my winter hiking grounds and I had many a friend who worked for Seabear.

Tim Zen
    Spectator

@asdzxc57

Locale: MI

Thank you! Tired of tuna. Bored of beans. Salivating over salmon.

Eddy Walker

@ewker

Locale: southeast

Just ordered me some of the foil packs. thanks for posting this

Tim & Shell

@mccargoe

Bump

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

$25.00 for $50.00

Seabear Salmon

Enjoy.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Too bad they don't ship outside the USA. Their products look great.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools