Topic

Sometimes High; Sometimes Lonesome: Devil’s Thumb Loop – Indians Peaks Wilderness

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Sometimes High; Sometimes Lonesome: Devil’s Thumb Loop – Indians Peaks Wilderness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

Sunset

The Indian Peaks Wilderness are the mountains I've always considered to be in my backyard. With roughly an hour's drive, I am at a trailhead that brings me to the Continental Divide. Glacier can be seen, wildflowers are blooming, and the mountains always impress.

I considers these my home mountains and always look forward to spending time in them.

D-low and I had planned a quick backpacking weekend. Nothing too strenuous (about 12 MPD), not too far of a drive and would offer great scenery. The Devil's Thumb loop came to mind.

Read more…

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Thanks.

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

Thanks for the trip report — I'm looking forward to backpacking in Colorado at the end of August. Trip reports like this inspire me…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools