Topic

Yosemite: Tioga rd to Yosemite falls

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Yosemite: Tioga rd to Yosemite falls

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Hi,
    Does anyone have any experience hiking from Tioga road to Yosemite falls?
    It looks to be only 8 miles, but the pictures I'm seeing look like there are many stream crossings and obstacles.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I've been on that trail. A two-year-old kid successfully negotiated the first few miles. Then there is a stream crossing that would be challenging. On a normal year, it was over knee-deep, so on this abnormal year, it might be breathtaking. After that, the kid handled the trail just fine. The place to camp is in the narrow midway section far above the falls, north of Bluejay Creek. Once you get near where the trails converge, there will be lots of people.

–B.G.–

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Great info. Thanks so much!

Bill Law
    BPL Member

@williamlaw

Locale: SF Bay Area

Also look at starting at the Porcupine Flat trailhead. I did that 4th of July in a pretty big snow year (May lake road was still closed). No issues with stream crossings then, on that route.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools