Topic

Hello everybody :)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adam McIntyre

@adammcintyre

Just a quick one to introduce myself

Looks like a great community, and a great site!

My name is Adam, I'm 20 and I'm a freelance Graphic Design & Web Developer with my own online business.

I live just outside the Lake District in Britain, and spend most my weekends trekking the hills and working in quaint little pubs with my laptop (the joys of freelance!)

I'm eager to go trekking across Europe next year (after reading Clear Waters Rising) and I'm currently trying to spend as much time as possible researching and planning my trip.

So, one of the things to check off my list, join a a community of other like minded, and hopefully inspirational backpackers to learn from ;-)

Thanks! :D

Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

Welcome to the campfire! Pull up a stump!

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Welcome Adam. Enjoy our sickness here

a b

@ice-axe

Welcome! My dad is from Pendeen Cornwall England. He tells me you have a lot of fantastic pubs over the pond. Cheers!

Adam McIntyre

@adammcintyre

Thanks Guys!

And yes, the pubs here are awesome, especially the locally run ones!

Michael Levine
    Spectator

@trout

Locale: Long Beach

Welcome to the wide world of (hopefully constructive) criticism and new avenues of something you enjoy. Have fun!

My one recommendation is to get a scale with grams on it, catalog and weigh what you intend to bring on trips, and compare notes with anyone and everyone on what they're bringing. When you're ready and after having read some other gear lists to get ideas, post yours and the community is very helpful (though critical) in helping you get your weight down. Also I absolutely adored Mike Clelland's book Backpacking Light, it helped me a lot with some UL principles (I'm in no way affiliated, it's just my favorite book on the topic).

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools