Topic

stakes needed for Haven Tarp/Net Inner Tent?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) stakes needed for Haven Tarp/Net Inner Tent?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

I'm packing for the JMT, leave in one week and am going to take the combo Haven Tarp/Haven Net Inner Tent by SixMoonDesigns. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but based upon feedback from those who have, they love it. I can't get ahold of those friends for a week and need to know what is the Total number of stakes needed for the combo Haven Tarp/Haven Net Inner Tent. Looking at sixmoondesigns.com specs, it appears one needs 12 stakes but that is if the inner net tent can't take advantage of the six stakes used for the Haven Tarp. Can anyone provide based upon experience using the combo the number needed if both are being setup intertwined with each other?

Thanks.

Roleigh

Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

Ron Moak, the maker of the tent, sent me a PM.

Message From User Follows:

Unless you're using extra guy lines, you only need 6 stakes.

Thanks, Ron!

Chris Lucas

@cheme

Locale: SC

The Haven net tent clips off to the underside of the tarp via 10 mitten hooks. In fooling around with both in my backyard yesterday it seems that only two stakes really take much of a load. I'm going to use Titanium Goat's 9" carbon fiber stakes (8.2 grams each) for those and Zpack's titanium shepherds hooks (5.7 grams each) for the other four corners. I think 1.38 oz in stakes is not too shabby.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools