Topic

Narrow flame alcohol stove for a Snow Peak 700?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Narrow flame alcohol stove for a Snow Peak 700?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

I use the Caldera Cone with my SP 700. If I ever get a different pot, I'm going to make sure there's a Caldera Cone available for it first.

Prior to the CC, I use a whole host of homemade stoves with it. My favorites were the Super Cat or a simple tealight. The Super Cat I liked because it didn't require a separate pot stand but obviously it wasn't very efficient with such a narrow pot. The tealight was more efficient but took too long to boil water. In addition I never made a pot stand or windscreen that I was happy with. I bought the CC and never looked back. Its way more stable than any of the stands I ever made and the whole system couldn't be easier to use. It doesn't pack as small as the other options but I can live with that for the other conveniences it offers.

Adam

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools