Topic

Just received my Katabatic Sawatch Wide

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Just received my Katabatic Sawatch Wide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

On a previous thread, i reported that my standard Sawatch wasn't wide enough for my twisted, side sleeping style, and Aaron contacted me about the new wide version.
    I've just picked up my new Wide Sawatch from the PO.
    Exactly 800 grams. with just over 500 grams of down. That is a superb down to total weight ratio.
    It is too warm to use at this time of year, but i'm confident it will see me through anything a Scottish winter can throw at it.
    The width gives me enough tuck to be able to layer under it without any fear of draughts/drafts.
    Workmanship is top quality. I haven't seen anything better, and i've used quite a few top class US and EU products.
    This post is mainly a big up for Aaron at Katabatic. A top guy at a top outfit.

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

What's the width?

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

Due to the 'sculptured' shape of the quilt, and the amount of puffy down, it's difficult to measure accurately. The website says 58" at the shoulder, but i get a measurement maybe an inch smaller. Like i said though, it is so puffy, it is difficult to keep a tape flat over the mountain of down! :)
    I love it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools