Topic

anyone for a sierra trip??

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips anyone for a sierra trip??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

Hey all, ive got some free time for the next 10 days or so and looking to do a little trip up to the sierras. all my usual hiking buddies are working :( Im in the bay area and looking to go somewhere between tahoe and yosemite.(ive got a bear can and can get another if need be..) anywhere from 3-8 days is probably what im looking at.

me: im 25, i prob do 5-15 trips a year, around 10lb base, pretty strong hiker. looking to do 15-25mi/day depending on snow.

preferably looking for someone close in age and ability

i know its super last minute but lets do it!

Jason

Adam Hemphill

@ahemphill

Locale: Bay Area

I wish I could go but starting next week I'll be out of town 'til August 10 (after I get back to the Bay Area tomorrow).

Travis Martin

@marvinartist

I've applied for a permit for wolverton trailhead, with second and third choices being Bubbs Creek and Woods Creek for 7-31,8-1, or 8-2 and going for five days. My permit is for 2 people but my brother got a job so he can't go anymore.

If you can wait that long, I wouldn't mind having a partner especially if the creek crossings remain bad until then, and for routefinding help on the snow if that turns out to be difficult.

I'm 28, just moved to Oakland from Durham NC. I don't have great gear (heavy and sparse) so I won't be exceptionally fast or badass, but I'm not a douchebag, I'm in pretty good shape, and hopefully im a pretty good trail partner.

So if you or anybody reading this is going to be in the area at the beginning of August and want to join forces for a while, I'm your man.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

hey travis, thanks for the response. i don't think ill be able to swing that.. I need to go yesterday. might just have to rock solo

Bradley Attaway

@attaboybrad

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I'm 26, I can do the miles and have the gear, bear can included.

I dont see it in the mirror, but I might be a douche ;-) Sure hope not though. Pretty sure my Facebook profile is public and I'm the only one by my name if you want more info, go ahead and decide for yourself. For that matter, we could just meet up in the city somewhere. I'm in North Beach.

Can leave as soon as Tuesday. Dog sitting til then.

Travis, I'd love to join your trip as well if work doesn't come up and it's still open then.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools