Topic

Snow Peak Cozy – Clone

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Snow Peak Cozy – Clone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

This Thread has ‘timed-out”.

Adam McFarren

@amcfarre

I too made a homebrew cozy (for the 600), but out of the reflectix (sp?) material, not neoprene. Weight 0.8oz. It’s a very similar design to the AntiGravityGear cozies. Works great, and was easy to make.

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

This looks like a good idea. Has anyone figured out how long you have to wait to place the pot into the cozy after removing from the flame?
    Will placing directly into the cozy from the stove melt the neoprene?

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

As soon as you take your pot off of the flame the outer layer of the pot (assuming you’re not using some behemothly thick cast iron monstrousity) will immediately cool to 212 deg F, tops… from what I’ve read, neoprene should have no problems with that…

want proof? If a jet-boil is boiling, the inner surface of the neoprene cozy they use will be exactly 212 deg F (assuming conditions near sea level, higher altitudes will result in lower temps)… I’ve never heard of anyone complaining that their jetboil cozy metled.

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

Bill,
    Is that lid the standard lid that it come with, or did you make your own?

Paul Luther
    BPL Member

@eredluin

Locale: Northeast

Bill , What about a Cozy for a Fosters can? What do you think?
    Thanks,
    Paul

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools