Topic

No Cook Meal Plans

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition No Cook Meal Plans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joey Dawson

@inabag

Locale: Northern VA

I am thinking about going stoveless for an upcoming 4-5 day trip through SNP. I will have numerous opportunities to grab hot grub in the park. I don't drink Coffee, and I don't have a strong need for hot food.

Breakfast and lunch are no problem for me, I will rely on bars/cheese/jerky/etc for those meals, but I would like to eat something more complex for dinner. Looking for a couple good/easy/healthy? options for no cook meals.

Thanks!

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I hope this one doesn't sound stupid. I've tried it.

First of all, start with Quinoa. At home, cook it and dehydrate it so that it is now Instant Quinoa. Put about 4-6 ounces of that in a ziploc bag.

Buy a package of Hormel Bacon Pieces. It is shelf-stable, and the package is 2.5 or 3 ounces. Throw away the oxygen absorber packet and dump the bacon into the first bag.

Buy a frozen package of chopped spinach. Flop it on a tray in a dehydrator. When it is done, you should have a big pile of small green flakes. Put at least a tablespoon or two of the flakes into the first bag.

On the trail or in camp, dump in some sterile water to double the volume of the mix. Let stand for at least 30 minutes, and then eat.

–B.G.–

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

there are some recipes here…

no-cook trail lunch and some could translate well into dinner fare. Bumping up the olive oil will add needed calories.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools