Topic

GearGrams not working?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists GearGrams not working?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

Maybe its only me, but is geargrams working for everyone else? Its not letting me sign in.

-Jace

Michael Moore

@lilricky

Something is definately screwy. Can't view anyone else's list right now.

Aaron Spjut
    BPL Member

@aspjut

Locale: Southern Oregon

Hi, I'm the creator of GearGrams. The site should be working again.
    Sorry for the downtime. This is mostly caused by the server getting overloaded. The server GearGrams runs on hosts a number of projects. Lately GearGrams has been getting more traffic than usual causing everything to run slow. At some point I plan to move it to its own server (hopefully within the next couple months). Until then the site may be slow from time to time.

I work on GearGrams for fun in my spare time and probably wont see issues posted in the forums (a friend sent me a link to this thread). Feel free to send me an email directly (help (at) geargrams.com) or post on the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/GearGrams/

Thanks for using GearGrams. I'm happy others find it useful.

Tyler H
    BPL Member

@ctwnwood

Locale: Madison

Just thought I'd throw in that the site is working great right now. Just moved my list from excel to there.

Great interface, very easy to use, great tutorial (although its intuitive enough that it isn't really necessary.

Here's my list:

http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=3498

It's just a basic 3-ish season list, more toward summer. Most important improvement would be to replace the old school sleeping bag with something lighter and less dead, definitely going to a top bag or quilt. Really like the Rab AR (and it's pretty cheap). Might go the MYOG route on a quilt.

While this list isn't 'geared' toward a particular destination, feedback always welcome.

Check out the site if you haven't yet!

Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

Yup, its working again. I think it was only down for a day or two.

b willi jones
    BPL Member

@mrjones

Locale: best place in the world !?

kia ora Aaron, your the man brother, the Gear Grams is cool

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

Tried to log into geargrams a few times in the last few hours with no success; says log in failed each time. I went through the process of getting my password sent to me but although that seemed to work on the geargrams website, I havent recieved an email yet.

Great website though, I love it! :-)

Leigh Baker
    BPL Member

@leighb

Locale: Northeast Texas Pineywoods

Yep, must be down, I tried and it said login failed. Hopefully not for long and only a minor inconvenience :)

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

Aaron has it back up :)

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

Sweeeeeeeet :-)

Thanks Aaron, you rock our spreadsheets!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools