Topic

Packraft Rental option

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Packrafting Packraft Rental option

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric Michaels

@islehiker

Eric

Please read the conditions of Forum use.
    Any commercial postings MUST go in Gear Deals.
    The poster MUST disclose his relationship with the company.

Roger Caffin
    Online community Monitor
    Backpacking Light

Will Webster

@willweb

Interesting service, considering the high cost of entry into the sport. You wouldn't happen to be the Eric who is one of the co-owners?

Will Webster

@willweb

I think it's great that you're offering this service, and I wish you success.

But. Speaking strictly for myself:

I'm glad that suppliers of goods and services to the UL community participate in these forums, whether to get the word out on what they offer, to answer questions, or to share their extensive knowledge in general. I think it's important, however, that they are up-front about their interest in the businesses they are discussing. Quite frankly, when a poster refers to himself in the third person ("the owners are …") while promoting their business just gives me a bad feeling. I'm not accusing you of poor business ethics, but for many people you may be giving that impression without meaning to.

Please continue to participate in these forums, but indicate your connection to the business in your profile or in the text of your posts.

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

My understanding of BPL policy is that (1) the poster's connection to the business must be fully disclosed and (2) business owners are allowed to post about their business offerings only in "Gear Deals," although they can respond to specific product questions in other sections.

Admins, if I'm wrong, please let me know so I can stop flagging these posts!

Mary – you are entirely correct, and I thank you for reporting.

Cheers
    Roger Caffin
    Online Community Monitor
    Backpacking Light

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools