Topic

Powermax Canister Availability

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Powermax Canister Availability

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tim Johnson
    BPL Member

@treebugger

Has anybody found any Coleman Powermax fuel canisters for sale in any stores from Seattle northward along the I-5 corridor recently? I've noticed members talking about Powermax abundance in other parts of the country but with the restrictive rules regarding their shipment I'd prefer to find a local source. Thanks.

Curt Peterson
    BPL Member

@curtpeterson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I'm pretty sure REI carries them. The big ones – I haven't seen the smaller ones in years. Outdoor Emporium down by the stadiums used to carry them as well. Not sure about now and I haven't been there in awhile. Joe's used to, but they're gone. Have you tried non-backpacking places like Sports Authority and Sportman's Warehouse?

Marc Eldridge
    BPL Member

@meld

Locale: The here and now.

I found some on Amazon that they shipped to me.

Tim Johnson
    BPL Member

@treebugger

Eric and Marc,
    Amazon doesn't appear to carry them any more. I live in Bellingham and the REI up here doesn't carry them. What REI have you seen them at? I'll call Outdoor Emporium tomorrow and I suppose I'll give the big box sports stores a holler to. Thank you both for your input.

–Tim

Laural Bourque

@lauralbaby

Locale: PNW

I'd try Fred Meyer or Big 5.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

fred meyers does not have them

Laural Bourque

@lauralbaby

Locale: PNW

I was thinking of those big green ones.

Bailey Gin
    Spectator

@pugslie

Locale: SLO County

Around here (Central coast, CA) Big 5 is now the only store that carries them. Sports Authority a few of months ago started closing out them at $1.97 each and will not carry them anymore. 2 weeks ago I bought at SA their last 2 at $.97 each. Call your SA's and ask if they have any left.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I kind of think they are going away but coleman does not want to admit it.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

I called Coleman some months ago and asked about the 170g Powermax canisters. The person I spoke to said that the 170g canisters have been discontinued and that only the 300g canisters remain in production.

HJ

P.S. If it's any help, Big 5 and Sport Chalet carry them here in Los Angeles.

Tim Johnson
    BPL Member

@treebugger

I think I'll give the closest Sports Authority a ring. Unfortunately, the nearest one is a hour's drive from Bellingham. Thanks everyone for all your responses. I'll post the locale as soon I track those elusive buggers down.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

Big 5 and Ace Hardware and rarely, REI

Tim Johnson
    BPL Member

@treebugger

Hi Gang,
    I called every Sports Authority store within 40 miles of Seattle and none of them carry Powermax canisters any longer. If anybody spots them in Washington State please give me a heads-up? I could pick them up on one of my trips. Thanks.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

Try Big 5. The have quite a number of stores in Seattle. That's where I've typically gotten my canisters.

HJ

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools