Topic

Intrest in quilts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Intrest in quilts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

Hello all I will be making and selling synthetic quilts to help fund my CDT hike the summer of 2013. So a little about me and the project first. My name is William zila I'm 16 and live in Albuquerque new Mexico. Me and my buddy will be thru hiking the CDT sobo in 2013. I'm a avid ul backpacker as well as outdoorsman in general. I will be making the synthetic quilts to help build funds for the trip. I am going to offer 2 quilts one using a 2.5 ounces climasheild apex and the other 5 ounce. Both are made with m90 and have a sewn in footbox as well as two elastic straps to hold the quilt under your pad these can be undone to vent the quilt. I am still working to a final product but should have one in the next couple of weeks when my order from thru hiker comes in. Me and my backpacking buddy used the first and second prototype quilts for 12 days at philmont scout ranch. Mine being a 2.5 model and his a 5 we saw nighttime lows in the tent of 34 and were both cozy. Next matter of buisness the quilts pricing will be as follows 140$ shipped for the 2.5 model and 150$ for the 5 the quilts come with stuff sacks as well as storage sacks. Weights are not final as I have not set the girth or length in stone yet but they will be in the range of 12oz for the 2.5 and 20 for the 5 I will post pics as soon as I get the final models made thank you for your intrest please pm or post any questions.

Cameron Semple

@cams

Locale: Brisbane, Australia

Price and weight sounds pretty good. Will keep an eye on this. Will you be offering international shipping?

Al Nichols

@everready

Locale: Sh!^^% Ohio

Don't forget the pictures……..

Scott S

@sschloss1

Locale: New England

I've been looking for a synthetic quilt, so count me as interested. I'm planning a 2013 CDT hike, too (direction uncertain at this point).

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

I will post pics as soon as they are made. the last ones that were made are prototypes and I will be making changes to the final line. I would post pics of the prototypes but I have no way to get them. As I gave them to buddies but pics should be up in a week or so. I am pleased that there is intrest as I eventually want to start a cottage company. Small steps small steps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools