Topic

Thermarest NeoAir XTherm..R5.7..15oz?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Thermarest NeoAir XTherm..R5.7..15oz?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ray Knechtel
    BPL Member

@rayk

Has anyone seen any info on this one yet? From what I read it has an R value of 5.7 and is 430 grams (15.15oz) in the regular size. Thermarest says it's only overseas but couldn't give me any more information about it. Seems to beat the NeoAir All Season in warmth and weight. Did I miss that this one coming out?

Link:
    http://www.outdoor-show.com/od-en/press/novelties-worldwide.php?lid=652&sMode=detail

Jeremy Platt
    BPL Member

@jeremy089786

Locale: Sydney

First I have heard about it too. I have only been able to find info on German sites, so maybe just released in one of their outdoor festivals. Maybe find it in the summer OR market this year?

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

This is the fist time I have heard about this pad, but it looks too good to be true. Does Cascade Designs make all of their pads sold in other countries in the USA, or is this a product from a foreign factory?

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

It is a new item just presented at the 2011 Outdoor show in Europe.
    This is a link from the future :
    http://www.ifdesign.de/presse_detailseite_e.html?pmid=558
    (note the date…)
    scan down for the blurb on the XTherm
    Franco

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

Bummer that it is a mummy cut though…I was fine with mummy cut until I used a rectangular cut and now I don't really want to go back…maybe it is not too tapered though…

Nice pad though…

Elena Lee
    BPL Member

@lenchik101

Locale: Pacific Northwest (USA)

Did you read the Novelties with Images PDF? a few interesting things

Lightweight expedition men’s Down Jacket Ambition
    The expedition jacket Ambition is lightweight high-tech in perfection. Size L only
    weighs 380g. Besides the fabric Next to Nothing the jacket comes with the almost
    weightless so-called H-chamber design. Filling: 800 + inch Âł European Down 95 / 5
    (according to U.S. standard: approximately 870 inch Âł).

Yeti Down Vests Proton and Cosmo made of NTN 7×7, the thinnest down proof
    fabric of the world
    The vests Proton (men) and Cosmo (women) of the Dynamics collection redefine the
    term "lightweight": Next to Nothing 7×7 is the thinnest down proof material of the
    world and encloses high-quality crystal downs. The fabric is water repellent and
    anti-static and hardly loses feathers. Worldwide only a few hundred meters of the
    high-tech fiber exist as the production process is very complex.

USP – the new Ultralight Soft Protection from Schoeller Textil AG floated
    straight to the fore.
    The Olympics of “technical lightweights” has been opened: The new USP (Ultralight
    Soft Protection) technology from Schoeller Textil AG opens the competition in the
    fabric discipline “technical lightweights" with a previously undreamed of comfortable
    lightness coupled with wind proofing and rain resistance.

BLUNT umbrellas New Zealand – Stormproof up to Wind Force 12 (>117 km/h) with
    a revolutionary design

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I didn't read it until you mentioned it. Here are a few other items that I found interesting. 2012 could be a good year for UL backpacking!

Exped DownMat UL7 19.75oz R 5.9 -24*C

Montane Slipstram Smock – Hooded windshirt 2.82oz

Montane Minimus – Rain pants – no weight given but the “worlds lightest waterproof/breathable pants”

Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer Anorak – Windshirt w/ 7D fabric – 1.87oz

Ray Knechtel
    BPL Member

@rayk

Yeah, it looks like a lot of new things coming to market. I found it odd however to release the All Season and then the next year release something lighter and warmer. I guess they think the mummy design makes the difference.

Also, the MSR WhisperLite will take the same fuels it takes now plus IsoPro bottles. It says it'll come with different jets also so you'd get the best out of each type of fuel. Pretty cool stuff.

I'd like to see MSR come out with a lighter Reactor stove. I think it's about time.

Ray Knechtel
    BPL Member

@rayk

REI told me they won't be stocking the All Season and are waiting instead for the XTherm. Bummer because I still wanted the All Season for this year.

Ian Clark
    BPL Member

@chindits

Locale: Cntrl ROMO

Bump?

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

Appearantly REI decided to carry the All Season as I purchased one at Christmas and they had a dozen or more in stock.

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

From Cascade Design…………….

"Due to intense demand for the Xlite, the Xtherm has been pushed back and will be tentatively released in April. The regular size will weight 15oz and all sizes have an R valuve of 5.7. Let me know if you have any other questions. "

Thank you for contacting Cascade Designs, Inc.

Jonathan Ehlinger

Cascade Designs, Inc.

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

Can't get a hold of Kookabay and wanted something lighter than the Exped. May have to go with the Stephenson Down Mat.

You would think they would want to get the winter mat out during the winter?!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools