Topic

Nikwax spray & WM sleeping bag?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Nikwax spray & WM sleeping bag?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Richey
    BPL Member

@beaverboymike

Locale: Southern Utah

Good idea or not? (maybe just around head/face area and feet. To keep nice and protect against condensation)

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

I used ReviveX products when I washed my bag, following the instructions on the WM website:
    http://www.westernmountaineering.com/index.cfm?section=product-tips-and-care

If your problem is condensation from your body moisture, you want it to get outside through the shell of the bag. Otherwise the moisture is inside the shell in the down! I don't think a good quality DWR spray will affect this one way or another.

Michael Richey
    BPL Member

@beaverboymike

Locale: Southern Utah

Thanks for your feedback. I want to protect my $400 purchase as best as I can. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools