Topic

Day Hiking in Bama

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Billie-Jo Maxcey

@bmaxcey

Headed out the door this morning for the boys first long day hike. Hoping to do a 7.5 mile trail at Oak Mtn. Taking our dog and some bear spray…haha. But dont dont expect many problems, there is always a lot of folks at this park. Wish I was going futher north, sure it would be a lot cooler. Not to mention my youngest could sleep just a bit longer since he's yelling at me because he cant find his shoes…lol Oh boy what a day it will be. Wish me luck folks!

Steofan M
    BPL Member

@simaulius

Locale: Bohemian Alps

Day hiking with boys!! Are you insane??
    Have fun, no matter what those hooligans try to do to one another the first few times that you are out.
    I used to wait a couple of days then go around the dinner table and ask everyone to tell five things that they didn't ever want to do or have happen on a hike, then five things that they enjoyed. The first few lists fell into squabbles and petty name calling, but it wasn't long before the real stuff came out like how cool it is to stare into a camp fire at night or loving the sound of the wind in the tall grass or the new mix of gorp could use more cashews or getting to pick up dead things. A big shock was that no one ever complained about the weather, that was always on the "enjoyed list"! Planning for the next trip was always done at the dinner table as well.
    Keep the kids outdoors and give them every chance to plan and prepare and even lead the way.
    Best Wishes and Stay on the Trail!

Hey Mom! Look at this!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools