Topic

DC Area Suggestions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips DC Area Suggestions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Evan Parker
    BPL Member

@ecp12

Locale: Upstate NY

Hey guys and gals,

I've recently moved down to the DC area and I will be here for about six months and I'm extremely interested in finding some trails and places to do some hiking. Of course, I could buy the books from REI about hikes in the area, but what fun is that? If this question has been previously asked, I apologize. I attempted to search for it, but came up with no results. I hope to find some remedy for my problem and thanks in advance!

As a side note, I live pretty much in the heart of the city and I might be losing the privilege to my car, so if there's anyone out there to hike with me, that'd be great and if there's anything super close, that's even better.

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

Check meetup.com, lots of options which have been around for awhile. Or start your own on comehike.com. It's a new site, but strictly for backpackers. If you start a group (it's free) you'll likely find quite a few people will join.

Will Webster

@willweb

Potomac Appalachian Trail Club is huge, and I get the impression they have a lot of membership in the DC area. I'm willing to bet they have scheduled hikes with meeting places you could take public transport to, then carpool.

As long as you have access to a car, Shenandoah is great and not _that_ far a drive.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools