Topic

GoPro HD Helmet HERO Camera

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography GoPro HD Helmet HERO Camera

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

Has anyone used one of these cameras for backpacking? Light, HD video, etc.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Tim,

Check out the Trip Report: 2010 Teton Crest Expedition, Damien Tougas used a GoPro HD Hero camera to film the shots in the video at the end of the article.

Michael Neal

@michaeltn2

Locale: Northern Virginia

it doesn't work well for walking/hiking, it is designed for smooth motion such as riding a bike or glider. If you look on vimeo at some examples during hiking you will see what I mean, a horrible unwatchable image when walking.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Old thread, I know…………but I wouldn't call it unwatchable.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=2618408378280

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

That's awesome Joe, the video quality is stellar. How are the stills? Did you make it through the crack by chance? ;-)

Charles Jennings
    Spectator

@vigilguy

Locale: Northern Utah

I much prefer the Drift Innovation HD cameras. I have owned the GoPro and sold it after discovering the Drift.

They have a built in screen, they have a remote, and their menu is MUCH easier to navigate, IMO.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

We made it thru the crack, just had to chimney a ways over some water. It was a lot of fun for 2 dorks from the Texas Panhandle. The stills have a bit of a fisheye, which is a bit irritating. I didn't change any of the settings to try to make the stills better, I think it can be done.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Sorry, old review..
    Franco

Charles Jennings
    Spectator

@vigilguy

Locale: Northern Utah

To the OP –

Both companies have come out with newer products and accessories since the above comparison review was made over a year ago.

I am glad that Drift has come out with the Drift HD, which is much smaller than the other Drift models. Plus the new Drift HD has a new, improved waterproof case which is good down to 30 meters.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools