Topic

Lost Creek Wilderness High Route

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Lost Creek Wilderness High Route

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

With a wedding to attend Saturday evening and the higher snow levels in a good chunk of the northern portion of the state, I wanted a trip that was a quick get-away..but one that was not overly crowded.

As I looked over my maps, I thought of my of the Lost Creek Wilderness and a route I did as a day hike three summers ago.

Rather than a one way hike with a car shuttle as I did three years ago, this time I would hike along the Colorado Trail, hike up the Brookside-McCurdy Trail and then 'shwack along a ridge from the (unofficially named) "Zephyr" to "Kenosha Peak" down to "Platosha Pass" , go down the Ben Tyler Trail and back along The Colorado Trail to my truck at the Lost Gulch trail head.

A simple plan and one that fit my needs for a trip a little off the beaten path without being far away.

Read more…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools