Topic

Looking for XZ-1 carry options/opinions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Looking for XZ-1 carry options/opinions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Cashmere
    BPL Member

@tinkrtoy

Locale: NEOH

I have an Oly XZ-1 that I am having some difficulty settling on a carry position for. I like having in front at hand, but also a little protected. Currently, I have been using it inside a Case Logic Medium camera camcorder case (http://www.caselogic.com/medium_camera_flash_camcorder_case/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=133875&productid=1347411) which it fits in nicely, but is awkward to remove, even with the Franiec grip I put on it. I have this Case Logic case inside one of the hip belt pockets on my ULA Circuit. This creates enough cushion and I can leave both the hip belt pocket and Case Logic case zippers open and it rides secure enough, just awkward to get a hold of as I said. I think I might be looking for something that might be positioned more on the pack's upper straps, like maybe the Simblissity Unslack Pack (if they ever become available again) or similar.

Please chime in on how you carry your XZ-1 or similarly sized camera (Panny LXs and some of the Canon G series seem about the same size) or if you use something like the Unslack pack and how it works for you.

Thanks

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Hi Mark,

I carry an LX3 in a Lowepro Ridge 30 attached to the shoulder strap. It rides atop the waist belt so is pretty accessible on the go. I'd prefer a flap closure to the zipper, but you can't have everything. The Ridge also stores two or three batteries and spare cards. The XZ-1 would fit nicely presuming you aren't using the finder.

Cheers,

Rick

p.s. The Canon G's are considerably larger and no way would fit this case. A Canon S would fit easily, though.

Mark Cashmere
    BPL Member

@tinkrtoy

Locale: NEOH

Thanks Rick, I will take a closer look at that one. I too would prefer a non-zipper close. The small Tamrac I had for my P&S Fuji had a velcro closure and I love that case, but alas it will not fit the Oly.

Paul Stevenson

@kamusbagus

Locale: Australia

I carry mine in a small lowe pro case which has a belt loop on the back.
    I put the sternum strap through the belt strap and have the shoulder strap from the camera hanging around my neck. I also leave the case open. This means it is
    Always on my chest but not putting weight on my neck and is very quick to access.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools