Topic

Rum Runner 32oz Flasks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Rum Runner 32oz Flasks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Does anyone on this forum have experience, good or bad, using these flasks as water bottles?

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/32oztravelerand8482.aspx

They weigh less than one ounce in the 32oz size and can actually hold 40 ounces or 1.18 liters. The cap / spout is 7/8".

Party On,

Newton

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

i have used them. they look darn near identical in many ways to the doubly-priced platys. same cap. same plastic. no logo.

Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

I use them all the time and prefer them over the Platypus Softbottle. They have a pleated bottom and are made from a stiffer plastic, so they "stand up" on their own better. The cap is to the side/corner instead of the middle, which I find more convenient for filling and pouring. Mine weigh 0.8oz on my scale, compared to the 1.3oz Platypus Softbottle.

I have about 6 of them, purchased over the last 5 years or so. No durabilty issues at all. I've flown with them filled and in my checked luggage (they're marketed to the cruising crowd for sneaking booze onboard.) I've packed them deep in my pack for dry camps without any problems.

My experience with ordering from Easy Traveler (Rumrunner) has been very good; they usually arrive within days of ordering.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

@ Mike and Sumi,

That was the kind of info that I needed to hear. ;-)

I just ordered two in the 32oz size for my next section hike on the AT.

Thank you both for your response to this thread.

Party On,

Newton

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

Newton.. glad i could help.. and you reminded me that i may need a couple of them. so thank YOU!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools