Topic

First Official UL List (be gentle)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists First Official UL List (be gentle)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jon Franklin

@junto01

Hi guys, I've been gravitating towards UL for a while now but this is my first official list i'm submitting to the BPL elders. I live in socal and I typically hike 2-3 nighters from spring to summer in the sierras as well as the san bernardino mountains and the los padres national forest. I avoid rain as much as possible and I hike no more than 10 miles per day. My modus operandi is to hike to secluded streams, setup camp and spend the rest of the day exploring and fishing with just a day pack. This is what I have "geared" my gear list towards.

This is my first time doing the google doc thing so I hope it works!

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tLKJt1o7YKnwsxLdO4foU9A&hl=en_US#gid=0

Rob Vandiver

@shortbus

Locale: So Cal

Nevermind, fixed.

Jon Franklin

@junto01

Thanks for the heads up, it's fixed now…I think.

Mike Clelland

@mikeclelland

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)

1) Once you finish your first meal, or your first bag of snacks, you'll have a bag for trash, no need to pack another one.

2) HEFTY bag for pack weighs 2.2 ounces, if you are using a HEFTY trash COMPACTOR bag as a full waterproofing system.

NIX the daypack! Put all your gear in your HEFTY bag, and use your Mariposa Plus.

NIX the TP, no need.

QUESTIONS:

a) Where is your cook gear?

b) how do you sleep on the GG Sleeplite? (just curious)

c) whew are you hiking where

Rick Burtt
    BPL Member

@rburtt

Why do you need both a tarp and a bivy?

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

His bivy is a lightweight water resistant(not waterproof)one, so if it rained long or hard enough he would eventually get wet.The tarp he is using is a poncho(doubles as a rain jacket) that isn't all that big if it were raining hard enough he could get wet from rain blowing or splattering off the ground but with a water resistant bivy it would prevent this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools