Topic

Gluten-free and diabetic hikers FYI

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Gluten-free and diabetic hikers FYI

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bryan Hoofnagle

@bhoofnagle

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Just want to spread a little to news to anyone who could benefit.
    If you are looking for a gluten-free energy bar check out http://www.fionasgranola.com. They have 3 varieties made of quinoa–a grain with more complete protein than any other grain.
    And for diabetics, they have granolas and quinoa cereals baked only with agave nectar which has a very low GI–sustained energy no sugar spike like snickers.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Bryan, thanks very much for sending this ’round. As a diabetic, the biggest worry I always have when in the mountains is food, whether I have too much, or too little. It’s always good to get more information on food that helps to regulate what goes in. I’ll check it out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools