Topic

Tents that WERE made of eVENT

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tents that WERE made of eVENT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    George Mills

@marienbad

I've read much of the postings about eVENT tents — FYI eVENT tents were discontinued (except for small bivy's) because the fabric does not pass fire retardancy law.

I'm just interested in which tent models were ever produced in eVENT fabric — I may want to buy one secondhand if at all possible.

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

integral designs tents

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

FYI: You may also want to go back to iterations using Goretex. I have 2,both Sierra Designs.John

carlos fernandez rivas
    BPL Member

@pitagorin

Locale: Galicia -Spain

There is almost one full size event tent already in production.

The rab summit mountain biby …

http://rab.uk.com/products/equipment/bivis/summit-mountain-bivi.html

Check the product details ;-)

Ken Nguyen
    BPL Member

@ninjapuppet

Locale: B-Town

I slept in a friend's Nemo Tenshi over a 5 day camp, and at certain windless conditions there was still a very large amount of condensation with 2 people and open vents, so they are still not perfect.

As you know,the newer Tenshi dont use eVent anymore though.

Andy Dixon

@sideshowandy

i have one of the Rab bivy tents & yes in certain conditions they still experience condensation

however, this is not a major issue as I simply (carefully) fire up my gas stove for a short while & within a few minutes all condensation is driven out due to the fanstastic breathability of the eVent

Paul Hatfield
    BPL Member

@clear_blue_skies

The Exped Polaris, which is still in production.

ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

Locale: The North, Scotland

I've got a Rab Summit and was using it this weekend – on a summit.

Headroom is actually fine, I can sit up in it easily (I'm about 5'7"). Rab's 'published' measured height is to the top of the door, not the top of the tent.

Rab Summit

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

I have a since discontinued Big Agnes Sarvis 1+ tent made of eVent. Luxury winter digs.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

FYI eVENT tents were discontinued (except for small bivy's) because the fabric does not pass fire retardancy law.

Not exactly.
    In 2004 GE acquired BHA Technologies,( the makers of eVent), and promptly put a 70cm /27.5" height limit to shelters made with that fabric.
    In the meantime , RAB,Exped and Integral Design already had made and marketed shelters made with that material.
    RAB and Exped still do, albeit using a different name for the same fabric, Integral Design I believe still does (trilaminate ePTFE) for the the military/government market.
    (I had typed this yesterday, than changed my mind but following some of the other comments decided to post it)

There are several types of fabric that are not fire retardant and therefore cannot be sold in some states however they are sold retail where restrictions do not apply.
    Franco

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools