Topic

South San Juan Wilderness, Conejos River

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports South San Juan Wilderness, Conejos River

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chuck Lesniak
    BPL Member

@lesniakiii-2

Locale: Central Texas

Heading out tomorrow night to this area for 6 days. Should be mostly sleeping at around 11,000 feet. Coming from Texas. Anyone in that area have an idea what overnight temps should be right now? I'm planning for around 40 degrees. Is that about right? Will post trip report when I get back.

Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

Locale: Fruita CO

I was almost going to be the same place this weekend but will be up a little farther north (shorter drive after work tomorrow)…I think around 40 sounds right. Check out hillmap.com and you can check forecasts for different elevations. Looking forward to your report!

Chuck Lesniak
    BPL Member

@lesniakiii-2

Locale: Central Texas

Thanks Brendan for the info, I'll check it out. Lucky you on a short drive, ours is 14 hours.

Aaron Armstrong

@traderaaron

Locale: Colorado

Looking to get back to this fantastic backpacking area later this summer.

Here's a pinpoint forecast for you for conejos peak: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=37.29153547292737&lon=-106.57150268554688&site=pub&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools