Topic

meal replacemetsupplemnts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition meal replacemetsupplemnts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim Lind
    Spectator

@woody92177

hello all, anyone ever bring these along, ie bodybuilding supplements like meal replacement packs to be used for hiking. they are really light and are packed with good nutrition, some are even high in calories. Just wondering. Thanks in advance

Jake Willits
    BPL Member

@trailsavvy

Locale: Arkansas Ozarks

I've tried several of the MetRx brand meal replacement bars. They are jam packed with all sorts of nutritional stuff. Taste great, too. I especially liked the "peanut butter pretzel" flavor. I use it for my main lunch. I do think I need to warn you, I eat like a Hobbit while hiking. Lots of small snack sized meals. Either GORP or smaller granola bars as I go. Oatmeal cooked within the packets for breakfast, and Enertia Trail Foods dinners. Hope this helps.

Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Locale: Gore Range

I second the Big 100 metRx Bars. I've always used them for my lunches while backpacking and I also plan to eat them on my thru hike this summer. Each bar weighs 3.52 ounces and has around 400 calories. And ah, yes the peanut butter pretzel flavored ones are the best!

terry a thompson
    BPL Member

@terry588

Locale: West

I use Big Sur Bars, as well as Boone Bars. they both have no preservatives and are very tasty. The Big Sur Bar weight is 5oz. and is 650 calories. The Boone Bars are 3oz. and have 348 calories.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools