Topic

Why do A-holes drink light beer?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Why do A-holes drink light beer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Evan Parker
    BPL Member

@ecp12

Locale: Upstate NY

Has anyone tried La Fin du Monde? It was pretty much one of the best things I've ever tasted and you can't really beat the Robert Frost-esque play on the end of the world with fire and ice. I'm hoping to home brew with my brother when we're both home over christmas, nothing like a beer with lots of love put into it.

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

Not only have I tried La Fin Du Monde, I have sorta backpacked with it. The sorta was that we left it in a cooler in the trunk at the trailhead and then hiked down to it and drank it on the last day of a weekender trip. We hauled the bottle out, though, not being lite beer drinkers…

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

La Fin Du Monde=fantastic beer.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

La Fin is my favorite beer. Period.

Terrible is really good too.

ben wood

@benwood

Locale: flatlands of MO

ahhh unibrow! no you guys are speaking my language

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

unibroue…mmmm mmmm good. as are many other belgian style trippels.

my friday starts off with a Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin'. oh, yeah.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

>my friday starts off with a Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin'. oh, yeah.

That does sound like a mighty fine breakfast!

Jesse Glover

@hellbillylarry

Locale: southern appalachians

La fin du monde is a wonderful beer as all of the unibrau beers are but they are mass produced beers. So a-holes probably drink them.

JASON CUZZETTO
    BPL Member

@cuzzettj

Locale: NorCal - South Bay

I have personal experience at both being an a-hole… but not in the way initially described, and with the Busch beer in college. It is very simple. Busch light tastes better in the cans and regular busch tastes better in the bottle.

As far as being an axe weilding maniac… I don't have experience in that. Just the a-hole part, of which, sometimes I find usefull!

Mark Primack
    BPL Member

@bufa

Locale: Cape Cod and Northern Newfoundland

Just spent five days hiking in Acadia NP. What a beautiful place and the trails are extraordinary feats of backcountry engineering. What the Rockafellers can do! Meanwhile, I was in a local store with a beer section and came upon canned Stowaway IPA from Baxter Brewing Co. in Lewiston. Very tasty stuff and 6.9% abv. Best canned brew I've yet found on a store-shelf in New England. A great treat tenting at the Blackwoods campground.

Aaron
    BPL Member

@aaronufl

I live in Fort Collins. New Belgium brewery, Odell's brewery, Fort Collins brewery, Equinox, Funkwerks, Coopersmith, Grimm Brothers, Pateros Creek. Further out in Colorado, you've got Avery's, Great Divide, Ska…

Unfortunately, Coors is made here too, but with all of the above listed options, why would you want to drink horse urine?

An Odell's IPA after a long day of hiking might be the closest I have ever been to enlightenment.

Viewing 11 posts - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools