Topic

First MYOG pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear First MYOG pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian Hall
    BPL Member

@brian2o0o

This is my first attempt at making a pack. I took features from the Golite Ion/ MLD Burn and put them together to come up with the design. It came out alot better than I was expecting. I used the green xpac from rockywoods, 70D for the roll top, 3d mesh for the straps, and lycra for the front pocket. Only thing left to do is add the 1/2" compression strap and buckle across the top. It weighs 8.8oz right now, but I have alot of trimming to do on the shoulder and waist straps. I'm thinking it should end up around 8oz. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

It looks awfully narrow. Will it hold a bear canister, or does that matter to you? The minimum diameter for bear canisters is 7 inches, although most of them are 8 inches or more.

–B.G.–

Brian Hall
    BPL Member

@brian2o0o

Bear cannisters aren't necessary where I'm at. I'm in the southeast and do most of my hiking on the AT or other lesser known trails in NC, SC, and GA. Its the same dimensions as the main pack of the burn, so it's probably 1400-1500.

Dustin Snyder
    BPL Member

@dustintsnyder

Locale: Southeast

I like it! Keep up the good work! I love the Golite Ion and MLD Burn pack hybrids!
    Dustin

Patrick S

@xpatrickxad

Locale: Upper East TN

Looks sharp. I love the narrow look. Be sure to post pictures when you finalize all the details left. That color looks great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools