Topic

Montane fit for tall & thin build?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Montane fit for tall & thin build?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

Anyone here with a tall & thin build wearing a Montane jacket? Me being 6'-3 and 160 lbs, I run into the issue of certain clothes having a funky fit sometimes. The Eddie Bauer First Ascent stuff fits me really well in a tall-medium… too bad they're one of the few who offer tall sizing.

Anyway, I'm considering picking up either the Minimus or possibly Spektr jacket so I thought I'd poll the crowd first. I've never owned a single piece of Montane.

Thanks for your inputs :)

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

The North Star jacket. I found it to fit on the really long side in the torso, not so long in the sleeves and maybe even a bit short, i got a medium and the sleeves fit perfect had i gotten a small i woulda been in trouble. It had a good amount of width to it though through the chest and torso. Keep in mind i am 5-10 140lbs.

All and all imop i thought for a down jacket intended to keep you warm and maybe put a layer or two under the coat fit my little girly frame pretty darn well tbh!! Far from the fitted metro Man- T look though ;)

I replaced it with a EB Peak XV in a small and i gotta say that coat fits me much better. It is a small though but i am glad i went with small as i woulda swam in medium. The sleeves may be a bit short on the small EB jacket but i can just barely pull it off.

Hope that helps?

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

I purchased a Montane Lite-Speed size large on the forums and find the fit to be long in the torso, average in sleeve length and relatively loose in the body. I usually wear a sleeve length of 34-35 and think you might find the sleeves barely long enough. My Patagonia Houdini in size medium definitely has longer relative sleeve length. I think that Backcountry.com has an excellent return policy so you can at least try the fit of a Montane jacket without making the financial commitment.

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

Thanks guys.

The long torso will probably help in my case. The sleeves and the overall girth are a common problem for me. I wear a large Houdini and it fits just about perfect, could be a tad longer but no complaints. It sounds like I'm going to have issues with the sleeve length on the Montane. Bummer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools