Topic

drying ground almonds

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition drying ground almonds

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Leslie Bell
    BPL Member

@ftsp

Locale: New York

I have about 3 cups of almonds left over that I soaked and ground for some flax almond crackers. I don't want to throw them away and don't necessarily want more crackers, so I'm drying the ground almonds.
    Here are my questions:
    1.Has anyone here done this (ie. do they keep well if dried after being soaked and ground)?
    2. Does anyone have ideas about how to use the dried ground almonds in backpacking recipes? Can I use them in any recipes that call for almonds?
    Thanks

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

I have seen the used ground almonds used in raw cooking, often in desserts.
    As for using them, they can be used where almond meal is called for – but will not be quite the same as they have been lowered in flavor.
    IMO, search out recipes on raw food sites for best results and then adapt.

Leslie Bell
    BPL Member

@ftsp

Locale: New York

Thanks Sarah. Good idea. I'm going to try some different things and post my results if I make anything good.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Well, not necessarily for backpacking recipes, but soaking and then grinding almonds is the first step in making almond milk!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools