Topic

.5 oz bug netting

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear .5 oz bug netting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rob Hubbard

@robwa10

Locale: England

Just thought I'd share this with everyone. By my calculations it should be around .5oz a square yard, though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Just makes me smile when I see it because it's as if there's a fabric available this side of the pond that's lighter and that doesn't happen normally.

http://www.extremtextil.de/catalog/Fabrics/Mosquito-net/Mosquito-Net-polyamide-140-mesh-qcm-17g-sqm-superultralight::1565.html?XTCsid=341697126c07b862dfb270dbae6bda9b

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

I get .66 oz per square yard which I think is equal to nanoseeum(or very close). This side of the pond still rules. :) (joking here)

Ryan

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

17 gsm = 0.50 oz/sqyd by my calculations too.

Blimey – close to tulle!

Cheers

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Rob,

BPL had some SUL netting, once upon a time, but it was strictly "mosquito" netting. "NoSeeUms" were small enough to get through. Don't know about your "midges", but it would be worth asking the question.

(I didn't read the website description as it requires an account.)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools