Topic

Nasty new mosquitos in Oregon

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Nasty new mosquitos in Oregon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Very distinctive black bodied mosquitoes are now in Oregon. Feed all day .
    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/06/oregon_insect_experts_keep_an.htmlmosquito

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

From the article:"Worse, they're believed to be efficient carriers of dengue fever, West Nile virus and encephalitis."

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

My sympathies. We caught the West Nile wave in California a few years back, and it was/is nasty. Killed a few, sickened far more and decimated several bird species. Our shiny future.

Rick

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

I was just out in the garden, in Portland Oregon, and one of those was trying to inject virus into me.

Hopefully I smashed it before it was sucessful.

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

The snowmelt ones they normally have are bad enough. They feed all day and also all night.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools