Topic

REI Summer Clearance Sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals REI Summer Clearance Sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

REI's has a summer clearance sale going on right now. A few decent looking deals to be had on lightwieght gore-tex/eVent rainshells:

Westcomb Specter LT (11oz, 3L eVent) $209.93 – http://www.rei.com/product/810227/westcomb-specter-lt-hoodie-jacket-mens

Arc'teryx Alpha SL Pullover (11oz, 2.5L Goretex Paclite) $179.93 – http://www.rei.com/product/779531/arcteryx-alpha-sl-pullover-jacket-mens

There a probably a few more bargains to be had, post them if you find them. Much to my dismay, the Westcomb Recon Cargo pants finally went on sale and of course my size is nowhere to be found…

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

What are these Recon Cargo pants? Another softshell pant for winter use?

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Pretty much another softshell pant, but not really winter only use – under 400g, schoeller dynamic fabric treated with nanosphere DWR, durable, breathable, cool enough for summer alpine use. Typical Westcomb product – expensive, functional design, not the most minimalist option out there, but top quality materials/construction.

I have a Westcomb Cruiser LT hard shell and it's a great option when the weather forecast is too much for my Houdini. I'm thoroughly impressed by the construction quality and performance of the jacket (eVent is impressively breathable).

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Sounds a lot like my Deadbird Gamma LT pants. Basically the post-Deadbird era Gamma LT.

Those Cruiser LT's are great for a fully-functional jacket. Not SUL, but a hard shell that will breathe and stand up to a lot of abuse. I wanted one for awhile, and this is a GREAT price.

Stephen Au

@sau2004

The Icebreaker Kent Polo is marked down from 90 to 59 for size medium and large. Most other places charge 80+.

Barry Kreider

@berika

Locale: SE PA

I got the REI Venturi 45 pack for my wife for $89.99 and REI ti .9L pot/lid for $29.93. Free shipping. A number of other ti pots and sets also available.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools