Topic

Pony Tail Bands

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Pony Tail Bands

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Revisited:

pony tail holders

The many uses of the Pony Tail Holders. They last a lot longer then rubber bands and come in colors so you don't loose them.

Daniel Fosse

@magillagorilla

Locale: Southwest Ohio

Yep, been stealing my wife's every since I got a job and a haircut. I use them to manage my cordage like you.

Though, I don't find it necessary to tie my shelter up. I usually roll it up and stuff it in my outter mesh pocket (it's a poncho trap though). I used to do my stakes like that, then I got worried about them poking stuff so now I have them in a tyvec envelope.

Good tip! They are definately more durable than rubber bands.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

tyvec envelope for stake bag….i know where to get one of those for FREE….the post office priority mailing envelopes!

is that what you are using?

Al Nichols

@everready

Locale: Sh!^^% Ohio

I've also used the stronger ones on shelter guy lines.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

I grab one from my wife and daughters bathroom stash to secure my rolled up sleeping pad.

Daniel Fosse

@magillagorilla

Locale: Southwest Ohio

They have flat ones out now. I just saw one in the house. May be good for CCF pads because they won't roll.

I got my Tyvec envelope from Rob Kelly when I ordered my Ti scoop from him. I folded it in half long ways and taped it then cut open the short end. It has 2 long pockets. It fits my stakes and scoop and weighs 6 grams.

Good idea to use them as tarp tensioners.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools